It's the Buyer's Choice
Regardless of your selling process, customers have their own buying process. It's the buyer's money, and it's their decision. To increase your sales and profits, show the buyer reasons to give you these five "Yes" answers:
- "Yes, I have a need."
- "Yes, your product satisfies my need."
- "Yes, you are the right seller of the product that meets my need."
- "Yes, your price is right." (Translation: "The value you bring is greater than the price you charge.")
- "Yes, now is the time to buy."
How to Earn the 5 "Yes" Answers
The 5 "Yes" answers are responses to your carefully-timed questions.
- Ask questions to learn the buyer's need, their pain. Then, ask a question to confirm that need. The buyer's response will be "Yes, I have a need."
- Present your product as the solution to the buyer's needs. It's not about the virtues of your product. It's about positioning your product as the tool that makes the buyer the hero. Then ask a question to confirm your product as the solution. That's when you'll hear "Yes, your product meets my need."
- Because of the way you asked questions and focused on the buyer's needs, you are demonstrating value that your competitors lack. Ask a question to confirm that the buyer accepts not only your product, but you. That's when you'll hear, "Yes, you are the right seller of the product that meets my needs."
- Buyers instinctively place a value on each seller and their products. The value is emotional. It's subjective. If the perceived value is low, then the buyer uses bases their decision on price. If the buyer values you more than your competitors, then you will win the sale. Your perceived value is greater than your price. The buyer says to themselves, "Yes, your price is right. (Translation: "The value you bring is greater than the price you charge.")
- If the buyer is qualified to buy, then this step is just a formality. When you ask a closing question, the buyer's response will be, "Yes, now is the time to buy."
Start Increasing Your Sales and Profits Today
Grab a piece of paper (or a napkin) and a pen. Make a list of the actions you'll take to win each of the 5 "Yes" answers. You'll enrich more customers, close more sales and grow your profits, all at the same time.