PMP Exam Prep, Bonus Tip #4 - What Lies Ahead
You've Learned 3 Tips to Help Pass Your PMP or CAPM Exam
- Understand processes, the building blocks of project management.
- Wear your PMI hat, not your work hat.
- Practice, practice, practice.
But wait! There's more!
Now it's time for the next step: an online course to further help you prepare for the exam. "Pillars of the PMP Exam" leverages what you've learned in "3 Tips" emails. It takes you deeper into what you must know to pass your PMP exam.
I'm Your Guide
- PMP boot camp trainer since 2014
- College instructor
- Author and storyteller (stories are powerful learning tools)
How It Works
learn your way
This is an online course.
- Your device (PC, tablet, smartphone, Chromebook)
- Your place
- Your time
Stories help us learn better. Stories will be integrated into the lessons:
- Video clips
- Audio clips
- Worksheets and other handouts
Most lessons refer to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, the PMBOK. I am told there are certain U.S. government restrictions on where the PMBOK can be shipped, so it's best if you procure your own. Here are two of many possible sources:
- Purchase the PMBOK and Agile Practice Guide from the Project Management Institute ($49.50 for members, $99.00 for non-members)
- Purchase the PMBOK and Agile Practice Guide from Amazon USA ($63.11)
Prices were accurate in July, 2018. PMBOK prices are subject to change without notice by their respective suppliers.
- How to understand and use the Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Where projects operate
- The project manager's role
- Integrating the components of the project
- Determining and managing the scope of the project
- Developing and managing the schedule
- Developing and managing the budget
- Planning, managing and protecting the quality of the deliverables
- Planning, obtaining and managing the project's resources
- Planning, managing and monitoring communications
- Planning, managing and monitoring risk factors
- Planning, managing and monitoring procurements
- Planning, managing and monitoring stakeholder relations
You'll be much better prepared to own the testing room and pass your PMP or CAPM exam.
I'm putting the finishing touches on the course now. Be among the first to know when I open the doors:
(Note: PMP, CAPM and PMBOK are trademarks of the Project Management Institute. Mike Goss is a certified PMP. )